A White Cabbage Lunch
Cabbage is one of my favorite beauty foods. It can be turned quickly into delicious meals that are a joy to look at, and to eat. Cabbage also combines well with other beauty foods to provide the nurture we need for healthy, glowing skin. Here is a recipe for a delicious cabbage lunch. It takes about 6 minutes to prepare.
- 1 white cabbage
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs fresh cilantro
- put the stock into a skillet on medium heat
- quarter and slice the cabbage,
- put it into a bowl
- mix in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- stir the cabbage into the stock and cover
- let it cook for 3 minutes
- chop the garlic and cilantro
- add the garlic, the other tablespoon of lemon juice, the olive oil, and the chopped cilantro
- cover and let cook for 2 more minutes
- The goal is to soften the garlic a little, taking some of the rawness out of it – no more than that
- the cabbage should be just right by now – in between crisp and soft
- It is ready to serve, with salt and black pepper to taste
I like to eat it with a can of sardines (in olive oil) and organic crackers that I break over it. What a delightful lunch this is, and so quick.
Here’s to food from nature’s kitchen that delights the eye and the palate; that is easy to prepare and inexpensive to buy; and that delivers the nutrients our skin needs to glow with health.